Thursday, October 11, 2007

Disappointments or Blessings???

I think most ppl r gonna find this post of mine overly philosophical...

Yesterday, I found out that my mgr had rejected some aspirations of mine. So i spent today in a total blue funk!!! didn't even go to work. But by the end of the day, i realised that this was not the end of the road... life is abt being flexible, rolling with the punches. I realised that till now i had been putting my further studies on hold, thinking that all the hard work i put in was noticed and appreciated, that opportunities would be made available from time to time.

Today i realised the importance of having a back-up plan. I believe that i am an overly ambitious person and so the rate at which i grow professionally
is as important to me as how much i grow. when i found this rate slowing down and could not understand the reason for it, i started getting frustrated with work, with family and friends, with life in general.

Today, i guess my mom was going through somethings similar, and she got irritated with me over a very trivial reason. I was going to fight with her about
it, when i realised that i had also been doing the same thing for the past month or so. That is when i realised that i needed to pull myself up by my boot straps and work out a plan by which i could either DEMAND for what i wanted or have a back up plan by which i could get what i wanted without needing my company to give it to me.

Now i have decided that i will always have a backup plan. No matter even if i am planning something very trivial, coz life is always gonna throw curve balls, the carpet is gonna get pulled out from under ur feet and so on.

Also i have learned that i must not let my professional life spill over into my personal life, or i will be unhappy 6 days out a week.

That's it...i am done "philosophising" for the day.... n i honestly hope that not many ppl read this..........

No comments:

Post a Comment