Monday, October 13, 2008

Dostana - Music review

Dostana, starring Baby B, John Abhrham and Priyanka Chopra is the latest offering by Dharma Productions. Its directed by Tarun Mansukhani and the music is by Vishal Shekhar. These guys have once again come up with pretty groovy tracks and romantic melodies that I felt are much better than some of the lame songs from Bachana ae haseeno. 

  • Jaane Kyon - A very catchy beat and pretty sweet lyrics, especially for the youth for whom friends often are as important as thier family. Sung by Vishal.
  • Desi Girl - A number for the djs to belt out in discos, good beats and dancable nice to listen if you are in a mood to shake a leg or tap a foot. Sung by Shankar Mahadevan & Sunidhi Chauhan
  • Khabar Nahi - A song byVishal, Shreya Ghoshal and Amanat Ali. A soft romantic ballad. Vishal and Shekhar have provided all the in love people a replace song for Khuda Jane.    My favourite song of the album.
  • Kuch Kum - Sung by Shaan whose the song is pretty good. The typical sad song that is present in any love story. Lyrics are also nice but I was disappointed as I believe Shaan can sing much better than this.
  • Maa Da Laadla - Sung by Saleem. The crappiest song of the album. My advice Do NOT waste time listening to it!
  • Shut Up & Bounce - A typical Sunidhi Chahaun number but not very listenable. I could manage listening to it only twice.
Overall I would give the album 3 stars out of 5 would have probably given half a star more if Ma da ladla hadn't irritated me so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment